Looking for top-notch Labrador breeders in Texas? Look no further. Texas houses some of the nation’s most esteemed and reliable Labrador breeders. With their excellent breeding practices and dedication to producing happy and healthy puppies, these breeders have earned a reputation for unmatched excellence.
Wildrose Kennel Texas.
- Website: https://uklabstexas.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owner: Tom Smith
- Contact: 469-490-6858
Wildrose Kennels, Texas, is one of the top Labrador Retriever breeders in the state. They offer Labrador Retrievers with a lineage of unrivaled genetics, present in all 50 states of the US, every Canadian province, and various other countries.
Wildrose Labradors are renowned among wing shooters and adventurers as versatile sporting dogs, combining superb temperament with natural game-finding ability. These dogs are described as “Gentleman’s Gundogs™,” gentle at home and dynamic in the field.
Wildrose provides comprehensive services, including a healthcare program, after-sales support, and training options.
Diamond M Labradors.
- Website: www.diamondmlabradors.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Owner: Tamera & Chris Moses
- Contact: 214-766-6959
Diamond M Labradors is a reputable Labrador Retriever breeder in North Texas, just south of downtown Dallas. They specialize in breeding award-winning dual-purpose Labradors, including Full English and English/American cross lines.
Moreover, they aim to produce true Retrievers with conformation, great temperaments, natural retrieving ability, trainability, and genetic soundness. They have a small Labrador breeding dogs program and prioritize responsible breeding practices.
Diamond M Labradors’ dogs come from the top show, hunting dogs, and field trial bloodlines, including well-known names like Franklin’s Golden Mandigo and Ebonstar Lean Mac. The breeder emphasizes their dogs’ versatility and ability to excel in various roles, including therapy and search and rescue work.
Jordan Valley Retrievers & Kennels,
- Website: www.jordanvalleyretrievers.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owner: Eddie Hicks
- Contact: (972) 286-0749
Jordan Valley Retrievers and Kennels is a top Labrador Retriever breeder and training facility near downtown Dallas, Texas. They focus on breeding champion pedigrees that excel in various competitions while maintaining their companionable personalities.
The kennels offer boarding services for all the best dog breeds in a spacious, comfortable 5000-square-foot facility. The primary specialization is raising Labradors as hunting dogs, providing a lifetime of enjoyment for owners.
They also offer all-breed obedience training. They have a progressive training program where dogs advance through levels based on mastery of foundational skills.
- Website: https://www.6dlabradors.com/
- Email: KDUKETX@GMAIL.COM
- Owner: Kim Duke
- Contact: 817-291-7649
6D Labs is a Labrador Retriever breeder on a ranch near Bowie, Texas, west of Fort Worth. They are an AKC-inspected breeder.
They have been breeding Labradors since 2012, focusing on strengthening the breed through selective breeding. The breeding program aims to produce Labradors with desirable physical and personality traits while prioritizing the health and purity of the breed.
They conduct FOA hip testing and genetic health and breed purity testing to minimize the risk of future illness and disease. They primarily breed full chocolate Labradors that are AKC registered and provide Labrador puppies with complete registration and a health guarantee.
Top Dawgs White Labs,
Top Dawgs White Labs is one of the reputable Labrador breeders in Texas specializing in AKC registered Polar Bear English White Labs. They have successfully bred Calm, Intelligent, Trainable Labrador Retrievers, focusing on producing Polar Bear White coat color.
Their white Labrador puppies have limited AKC registration, a written health guarantee, and health records. All puppies receive vaccinations and regular deworming to ensure their health and well-being.
The breeder emphasizes the mild temperament, intelligence, and trainability of their English White Labrador Retrievers, who are bred with the Mandigo bloodline.
While they excel as loyal and wonderful family companions, they are also suitable for AKC hunt challenges, tracking, and participating in field or hunt trials.
Labs4Ever Labrador Puppies
- Website: https://www.labs4ever.com/
- E-mail: info@Labs4Ever.com
- Owner: Jodie Bunn
- Contact: 951-741-3412
Labs4Ever prioritize the well-being of their Labradors, treating them as part of their family. The Labradors are loved, cared for, and trained by the entire family, ensuring they have positive experiences and are fear-free. The Labrador puppies are exposed to various “firsts” to facilitate easier training for their future adoptive families.
Labs4Ever aims to provide a pleasurable, educational, and fulfilling adoption experience, supporting adoptive families from the moment they reserve a puppy and throughout its life. The Labradors bred by Labs4Ever are OFA Certified and genetically tested for common diseases.
They are specifically bred for the English Labrador type, known for their beauty, calm temperament, and additional features.
Martin Lake Labradors Of Houston
The family has a long history with dogs, including hunting companions like Labradors and Beagles and raising Golden Retrievers.
The Labs’ gentle nature, natural instincts, and purpose of teaching children make them perfect for family life on their 80-acre farm. Martin Lake Labradors aims to raise beautiful and good-natured Labradors to bring joy to other families.
Seven Oaks Kennel,
- Website: https://www.sevenoakskennel.com/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Owner: Chris and Linda Ray
- Contact: 210-777-1464
Seven Oaks Kennel is a reputable Labrador Retriever breeder on 10 acres in Spring Branch, Texas, near Austin and San Antonio. Their Labs are AKC registered, DNA certified, and have undergone Embark DNA testing for 220+ health conditions.
They prioritize breeding Labrador dogs with lower to medium energy levels suitable as a family or hunting companion dogs. The Labrador puppies receive their initial vaccinations, deworming, and microchipping.
They come with shot records, a 24-month Health Guarantee, microchip registration, a 30-day supply of Nuvet Supplements, and a 5lb bag of Victor Dog Food.
Redmark Kennels Labrador Retrievers
Redmarks Kennels is a premier boarding kennel and Labrador Retriever breeder near Lexington, Texas, about an hour from downtown Austin. They have been operating since November 2012 on a spacious 57-acre property. The kennel offers 30 indoor/outdoor runs with attached play yards, including outdoor runs for gun dogs and competition dogs.
The facility boasts some of the largest runs in the industry and provides radiant barrier insulation to regulate extreme temperatures. Redmarks Kennels also offers pet walks throughout the beautiful property, and their dogs stay on the same runs as the guests.
Yellow Rose Labradors,
- Website: https://yellowroselabradors.com/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owner: Kay & Richard Scott
- Contact: (817)929-0589
Yellow Rose Labradors is a reputable Labrador Retriever breeder in Arlington, Texas, serving the North Central Texas region, including Fort Worth. They have established their Labrador Family since 1993.
They specialize in breeding and selling high-quality Labradors that meet the breed standard. Yellow Rose Labradors has a strong focus on producing Champion/Master Hunters. Their Labradors have excelled in various venues, including show, performance, and hunting championships.
They offer professional dog boarding services, including board and train programs for basic obedience and conditioning. Yellow Rose Labradors’ dogs are successful in competitions and valued members of their families.
Alder Creek Labradors,
- Website: https://aldercreeklabradors.com/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Owner: Angie Brown
- Contact: (903) 681-4262
Alder Creek Labradors is a Labrador Retriever breeder located in East Texas, about an hour southeast of Dallas, and not in Fort Worth. They have been involved with Labradors for over 35 years and have a ranch where they care for various animals.
Their notable Labrador, “Miles,” has achieved impressive accolades in the show circuit, including winning Best of Opposite Sex at the Westminster Kennel Club and being ranked as the #4 Labrador Retriever in the United States in 2012.
Alder Creek focuses on breeding genetically sound Labradors with excellent breed types, temperaments, and working abilities. The dogs are crate trained and prioritize the health and well-being of their Labrador puppies.
High Desert Labradors
High Desert Labradors, located in the Dallas Ft. Worth area of North Texas, is a small family breeder. They have been breeding and raising purebred AKC registered Labrador Retrievers for 10 years.
Their Labrador puppies are raised in a family home and receive constant care and supervision. They prioritize socialization and interaction with children, ensuring the Labrador Retriever puppies are kid-friendly.
High Desert Labradors have excellent lineage, including International and National Show Champions and Master Hunters. This breeding program focuses on breeding for health, temperament, intelligence, and beauty.
The breeding dogs undergo strict health clearances and genetic testing. They have a Guardian Family Program and offer a health guarantee. You may find all the information related to their upcoming litters from their websites.
What to Look for in a Labrador Breeder?
Health testing and clearances
When picking a Labrador breeder, ensure they conduct health testing and clearances to prevent health issues. Hip and elbow dysplasia and eye issues can affect Labrador dogs. A responsible breeder will have their breeding dogs tested for these and other health issues before breeding them. Some of the essential clearances include:
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) hip and elbow evaluations
- Eye scheme examination for progressive retinal atrophy
- DNA testing for genetic diseases, such as Exercise-Induced Collapse (EIC) and Centronuclear Myopathy (CNM)
- Cardiac evaluation
- Dew claws removal
Experience and reputation
Experience and reputation are also crucial when choosing a Labrador breeder. An experienced Labrador breeder will gladly offer references from previous buyers to showcase their credibility. Look for a breeder with a good community reputation and is known for producing healthy, well-tempered dogs.
- Look for Labrador breeders in Texas with a history of breeding best Labradors
- To ensure a right breeder, check reviews and request references.
- Look for breed or kennel club membership.
Socialization and training
Socialization and training are critical for Labrador puppies to grow into well-adjusted, happy adult dogs. A good breeder will have started the socialization and training process before the puppies leave their care. Look for a breeder that provides the following:
- Early socialization with people and other animals
- Positive reinforcement training techniques
- Introduction to basic obedience commands
Contracts and guarantees
Finally, when choosing a Labrador breeder, looking for one that offers contracts and guarantees is essential. A responsible breeder will stand behind their puppies and propose a contract outlining the sale terms, including any health guarantees. Look for a breeder that provides the following:
- Health guarantees against genetic health conditions
- Obtain a contract detailing sale terms and health guarantees.
- Also, know what to do if rehoming.
How Much Should You Pay for a Labrador Puppy?
Factors that affect the price
The price of a Lab puppy can be influenced by various factors, such as:
- Breed lineage: Labrador Retrievers with show puppy-quality or champion bloodlines are typically more expensive than those without.
- Coat color: Some coat colors, such as silver, fox red, and charcoal, are less common and may cost more than traditional black, yellow, or chocolate.
- Age: Older puppies may be less expensive than younger ones.
- Breeder reputation: A reputable breeder who conducts health tests and provides a health guarantee may charge more than a breeder who does not.
- Location: Labrador Retriever puppies in urban areas are more expensive than those in rural areas.
- AKC pet registration: AKC registration is another factor influencing the price of Lab puppies. Papers of AKC registered lab puppies indicate their pedigree and breed authenticity. These lab puppies may be priced higher than those without registration.
Average price range in Texas
The average price range in Texas for a companion Labrador puppy can vary depending on the breeder, location, and lineage. In Texas, the usual price range for a healthy Labrador puppy is between $800 and $1,500.
However, some Labrador breeders may charge more for puppies with performance champions’ and hunting champions’ bloodlines or rare coat colors like fox red.
Additional Resources for Finding a Labrador Breeder
Texas Labrador Retriever Breeders Association
Finding a responsible breeder who adheres to high animal welfare standards and breeding practices can be challenging. However, different organizations can be a valuable resource in your search.
These organizations are dedicated to promoting responsible breeding practices. They can help connect you with reputable breeders.
- Brazosport Retriever Club
- Hargrove Heaven Farm, Caddo Mills
- Texas Pride Labradors
- Brooks legacy labradors
American Kennel Club Marketplace
Another helpful resource is the American Kennel Club (AKC) Marketplace. The AKC, the largest purebred dog registry worldwide. It provides a detailed list of screened and approved AKC Labrador breeders.
Here are some bullet points about the AKC Marketplace:
- AKC Marketplace provides a platform for reputable breeders to sell their Labrador Retriever puppies.
- Breeders must adhere to AKC’s rules and regulations for breeding practices.
- You can search for an AKC Labrador breeder based on its location, puppy availability, and breed type.
- The AKC provides resources to new puppy owners, such as training and health information.
Online breeder directories and forums
Dog lovers can also use online breeder directories and forums to find a reputable breeder. These websites allow you to search for breeders based on location and breed type and read reviews from previous customers. Some of the popular breed directories and forums are:
However, it’s essential to exercise caution when using these resources. Not all breeders listed on these websites may be responsible or ethical. They may be a puppy mill. So, thoroughly research and verify the breeder before making a purchase.
Tips for Bringing Home a New Labrador Puppy
Puppy-proofing your home
Before bringing home your new Labrador puppy, ensuring your home is safe is vital. Here are some things to consider:
- Remove hazardous items from your puppy’s reach, such as poisonous plants, electrical cords, and cleaning supplies.
- Make sure any loose wires or cables are secured and out of reach.
- Store any breakable items or items that can be easily chewed up out of reach.
- Ensure that small items like coins or toys are picked up off the floor.
- Keep toilet lids closed to prevent your puppy from drinking from the toilet.
- Utilize baby gates to restrict your puppy’s access to certain areas.
- Verify that all gates and fences are secure.
Establishing a routine and training plan
Labrador Retrievers are brilliant dogs that thrive on routine and consistency. Establishing a routine and training plan will help your new puppy adjust to their new environment and develop good habits. Here are some things to consider:
- Set up a feeding and watering schedule that is consistent every day.
- Establish a routine for taking your puppy outside for potty breaks and stick to it.
- Begin training your puppy from day one using positive reinforcement techniques.
- To ensure your puppy is friendly and well-adjusted, socialize them with people and other dogs.
- Consider enrolling your puppy in obedience and agility participation classes to learn basic commands and socialization skills.
- Training your puppy requires patience and consistency, as learning takes time.
Bonding with your new puppy
Bonding with your new Labrador puppy is essential to creating a solid and loving relationship. Here are some things to consider:
- Spend quality time with your puppy daily, such as playing and cuddling.
- Take your puppy for walks to explore their new surroundings and get exercise.
- When your puppy behaves well, offer plenty of praise and affection.
- Reward good behavior with positive reinforcement and ignore negative behavior.
- During their transition to the new environment, practice patience and understanding towards them.
- Building a strong bond takes time and effort, but the rewards are worth it.
Aritra, the founder of Labradorandyou.com, is a lifelong dog lover whose passion ignited for Labradors for their loyalty and intelligence. With extensive research and personal experiences, Aritra has become a Labrador expert, offering a rich resource on the breed. Labradorandyou.com provides reliable, timely, and evidence-based information, including Labrador-specific product reviews, training techniques, and care tips.
Labradorandyou.com was born out of Aritra's passion and his desire to share his profound knowledge about the breed. The site serves as a comprehensive resource, offering a wealth of up-to-date information for Labrador owners and enthusiasts alike